Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Curation Progress Report: Week 1

        Throughout all of the research I've done to find how to become a create improviser on any instrument, there is one thing I found to be the foundation of improvising: Scales. Regardless of what instrument one plays, one needs knowledge before becoming a great musician. On almost all of the websites I have come across, learning the scales was one of the first steps so I decided that this is the first thing I should address on my curation website.

        In the aspect of organizing my curation website, I wanted to keep it simple and straight to the point. So to start off my site, I simply wrote two small paragraphs as an introduction to explain to my readers that knowledge is the first thing required before learning to improvise. With a little bit of explanation in my own words, I also provided a site that explains better than I could about scales to get my readers started.

         Because my first point referred to the significance of knowledge, I set my background as bunch of shelves of books. It may be cliche, but I thought it suited my topic very well. Once I learn a little bit more throughout the process, I will be adjusting the design quite often.

        Overall, I did not do a whole lot to my curation website, but it is a start. I wanted to just kick off with a simple and easy introduction to get my readers started. The reason I want to pursue simplicity is because when I attempted to learn how to improvise, my teacher overwhelmed me with a vast sea of information on music theory and it just ate away my motivation to learn. Rather than becoming a hassle, I want my readers to take baby steps and take in the information little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment